Monday, March 29, 2010

Lucky Girl…

This is one lucky little girl. Look at this room – it’s as cute as she is...

But the real fun comes from looking closer…

The bed and bookshelves were custom designed just for this tiny space. In fact they are all one unit, not 3 as they appear – the two inward facing sides of the bookshelves curve out to create the top and bottom of her bed. I love this. And aside from the bookshelves, there’s more storage below the bed.

But for me it’s the little details that really take it to the next level – the drawer style, the hardware, and the design of the drawers – recessed and floating just above the floor. I also loved the 2 little drawers in the bookshelves and the scalloped and curved detail at the very top of each one. So well thought out – absolute perfection…

Living in small spaces myself, I always appreciate creative thinking mixed with great design. This is it - and another great example of why bigger isn’t always better…

5 comments:

A Perfect Gray said...

totally agree. smaller spaces force more creativity - and I often find I prefer them. I'll go visit someone with a larger home and have a little twinge of envy - but then I always return to 'bigger is not always better...'

Kelly Giesen said...

I get that too. If I envy space it's usually having more entertaining space, but even more than that would be having more rooms to decorate. Not necessarily bigger ones, just more spaces to be creative in. In fact I'm already dreaming of a very little space that I will only get if my next renovation comes through....someday.

Dreams of Perfection said...

This makes me want to totally repaint my daughters entire room. I love everything down to the pillows!

gabrielle904 said...

Kelly,
Are you sure this isn't you as a little girl?

Kelly Giesen said...

If it was, I'd be a happy girl...